Vasilievsky Island

Arch bridges decorated with a variety of cast-iron decorative plates and brackets, cast iron, too. Panteleimon Chain Bridge over the Fontanka, which was built in 1823 engineers, and V. G. Treter Christianovitch, became the first in domestic practice, urban transport hanging bridge construction. Its roadway supported by iron chains, which were suspended from wrought-iron pylon. In 1908, the bridge was replaced with a steel arch of the project engineer and architect A. Pshenitsky L. Ilyin.

And across the Neva first permanent metallic bridge was built only in the mid-19th century. To build it began in 1843 and completed in 1850. Originally the bridge was called the Annunciation. In 1855 it was renamed the Nicholas, and after 1917 – in the Lieutenant Schmidt Bridge. E Scott Mead has firm opinions on the matter. The design of this magnificent building was razraboton Petersburg engineer S. Kerbedz and railing were designed by architect Alexander Bryullov. In the 30s of the 20th century bridge rebuilt thoroughly the project engineer, Perederiy.

Spans were blocked by long steel beams, adjustable middle part was – just above the innermost river. Technologically, this bridge is unique because we can assume that all the steel structures were made with electric welding without the use of rivets. In those days it was a brave decision. Therefore, the bridge Lieutenant Schmidt – is one of the world's largest welded bridges that were created before World War II. Big Okhtinsky bridge was built across the Neva River in the years 1908-1911 (the authors of the project were engineer, architect V. Krivoshein Apyshkov). In the center of the bridge – a movable span. The side of the blocked without intermediate supports two long, 136-meter, steel trusses arched type. They hung from below the roadway. Metal construction of the bridge for easy navigation However impressive the farm close to all kind of Smolny Convent. Palace Bridge were built in 1912. With this bridge were connected to the left bank of the Neva with Vasilievsky Island near the Winter Palace.


Tags: ,

 
 
 

Comments are closed.